Swimming Pool Safety Code
On arrival guests will be issued with a form which all over 15 year olds will need to sign, to accept the Hicks Farm Holidays Pool Barn Safety Code, before they may use the leisure facilities.
To ensure your safety and that of others on site we ask you to follow our safety code.
- The Pool Barn (incorporating the swimming pool and games room) is designated a no smoking area.
- No dogs are allowed in the Pool Barn except guide dogs.
- To ensure the safety of all minors on site the pool area is to be locked at all times. A maximum of three keys will be issued to enable adults to control the use of the pool. On no account should guests allow access to the pool area to anyone outside their own house party.
- The swimming pool does not have a lifeguard on duty. All guests using the pool do so at their own risk. Users must comply with the safety rules displayed on the poolside and in the foyer.
- All children (under the age of 15years old) using the swimming pool must be accompanied by a competent adult (18years and older). The supervising adult must remain in the pool with their charges at all times and take full responsibility for their safety and behaviour within the Pool Barn.
- Guests are advised never to swim alone.
- Guests are advised not to swim under the influence of alcohol.
- Guests are advised not to swim immediately after consuming food.
- Guests are advised to swim within their capabilities and not to over exert themselves.
- The pool is a no-diving pool.
- No food or drink is allowed in the changing area, shower area and swimming pool. Those using the viewing/sitting area should not pass over food or drink to those in the pool hall.
- No outdoor footwear to be worn in the changing rooms, shower area or pool hall.
- In the interest of hygiene babies/ toddlers should wear appropriate swim nappies.
- In the interest of hygiene guests are advised not to use the pool if they are suffering from a cold, throat infection, ear infection, upset stomach, an infectious skin condition or open wound.
- Guests must advise the proprietors immediately of any faecal or vomiting accidents in the pool water so that the appropriate action can be taken.
- Guests are requested not to take any inflatables, floats or other equipment into the pool hall without prior permission from the proprietors.
- Unruly and disorderly behaviour within the Pool Barn is strictly prohibited.
- The Games Room equipment must not be removed from the room. All equipment should be replaced in the storage provided. Hicks Farm Holidays reserve the right to exclude anyone abusing the pool table and/or football table.
- Hicks Farm Holidays will not be liable for damage and injury to property or person within the Pool Barn, other than resulting from their own negligence.
- The Pool Barn’s leisure facilities are for the exclusive use of guests staying on Hicks Farm. Prior consent from the proprietors must be obtained before guests’ visitors are allowed access to the Pool Barn.
The Pool Rules which appear on the safety posters on the poolside are:
- Do not dive
- Do not practice acrobatics or gymnastics in the water
- Do not duck people
- Do not run
- Do not bomb into the pool
- Do not push people into the water
- Do not splash
- Do not use the pool as a toilet.