The Pool Barn Access Statement
The Pool Barn is a barn conversion which incorporates an indoor heated 11mx5m swimming pool and a first floor Games Room.
- Due to our rural location there is no public transport on the door step.
- The nearest railway station is Bucknell.
- The nearest bus stop is at Brampton Bryan.
- The nearest towns are Knighton and Presteigne both approximately 4.5 miles away.
- Provisions may be pre-ordered before your arrival.
- The nearest shop-mobility schemes can be found in Leominster and Hereford City
- Accessible taxis are available in Knighton
Arrival & Car Parking Facilities
- Well lit car parking is available adjacent to the property.
- There is a ramped entrance to the Pool Barn leisure facilities.
- The ramped entrance surface is paving slabs with level joins to the adjacent tarmaced roadways and parking areas
- The main entrance to The Pool Barn is up a ramp leading into a carpeted hallway through an 838mm wide half-glazed doorway. The internal light switch is on the wall to the left of the doorway.
- The dry toilet is located immediately opposite the entrance.
- The Games Room is accessed via a stairway.
Public Areas - Hall, Stairs, Landing, Corridors etc
- All doors throughout the property are 838mm wide.
- All stairs ways and dry floor areas are carpeted.
- All wet floor areas are tiled with anti-slip tiles.
Public Areas - Sitting room, lounges, lobbies etc
- The dry sitting area is accessed through an 838mm doorway.
- The sitting area is carpeted.
- The Pool Barn designated disabled toilet is in the foyer.
- The swimming pool and changing areas are wheelchair accessible
- We do not have a poolside hoist - guests will need to be accompanied and assisted to use the pool.
- The Games Room is accessed via a carpeted staircase, 8 steps (each 190mm heigh & 250mm deep) up to a level 90°turning platform, then a further 5 steps of the same height and depth as before.
- Guests have freedom of the farm, However as we are a working hill farm many areas beyond the farm yard will not be accessible to all.
- The farmyard is sloped and assistance may be required to negotiate all areas of the farmyard.
- The children’s play area is a barked area stepped into over a kerb.
Bathroom, Shower-room & WC [Ensuite or Shared]
- The Pool Barn shower room is a wet floor area.
- The showers are thermostatically controlled with push button operation.
- A shower seat with adjustable height seat is available
- There are two ground floor toilets. The dry area toilet is the designated disabled toilet facility and has a fitted alarm system.
- It should be noted that mobile phone reception is very poor in this area.
- Only service dogs are allowed in the Pool Barn
- The Pool Barn is a designated non-smoking area.
- A Fire Notice is displayed in the foyer area outlining evacuation routes from the building.
Address: Hicks Farm Holidays
Telephone: 01544 260237
Grid reference: Ordnance Survey Map reference: SO 337 697 (Sheet number: 148 Landranger Series)
- Walks marked out on the farm with suitable resting/picnic areas.
- Stepped path through field from Orchard house to Rose Cottage.
We welcome your feedback to help us continually improve if you have any comments please phone 01544 260237 or email firstname.lastname@example.org