The Pool Barn Access Statement
The Pool Barn is a barn conversion which incorporates an indoor heated 11mx5m swimming pool and a first floor Games Room.
- Due to our rural location there is no public transport on the door step.
- The nearest railway station is Bucknell.
- The nearest bus stop is at Brampton Bryan.
- The nearest towns are Knighton and Presteigne both approximately 4.5 miles away.
- Provisions may be pre-ordered before your arrival.
- The nearest shop-mobility schemes can be found in Leominster and Hereford City
- Accessible taxis are available in Knighton
Arrival & Car Parking Facilities
- Well lit car parking is available adjacent to the property.
- There is a ramped entrance to the Pool Barn leisure facilities.
- The ramped entrance surface is paving slabs with level joins to the adjacent tarmaced roadways and parking areas
- The main entrance to The Pool Barn is up a ramp leading into a carpeted hallway through an 838mm wide half-glazed doorway. The internal light switch is on the wall to the left of the doorway.
- The dry toilet is located immediately opposite the entrance.
- The Games Room is accessed via a stairway.
Public Areas - Hall, Stairs, Landing, Corridors etc
- All doors throughout the property are 838mm wide.
- All stairs ways and dry floor areas are carpeted.
- All wet floor areas are tiled with anti-slip tiles.
Public Areas - Sitting room, lounges, lobbies etc
- The dry sitting area is accessed through an 838mm doorway.
- The sitting area is carpeted.
- The Pool Barn designated disabled toilet is in the foyer.
- The swimming pool and changing areas are wheelchair accessible
- We do not have a poolside hoist - guests will need to be accompanied and assisted to use the pool.
- The Games Room is accessed via a carpeted staircase, 8 steps (each 190mm heigh & 250mm deep) up to a level 90°turning platform, then a further 5 steps of the same height and depth as before.
- Guests have freedom of the farm, However as we are a working hill farm many areas beyond the farm yard will not be accessible to all.
- The farmyard is sloped and assistance may be required to negotiate all areas of the farmyard.
- The children’s play area is a barked area stepped into over a kerb.
Bathroom, Shower-room & WC [Ensuite or Shared]
- The Pool Barn shower room is a wet floor area.
- The showers are thermostatically controlled with push button operation.
- A shower seat with adjustable height seat is available
- There are two ground floor toilets. The dry area toilet is the designated disabled toilet facility and has a fitted alarm system.
- It should be noted that mobile phone reception is very poor in this area.
- Only service dogs are allowed in the Pool Barn
- The Pool Barn is a designated non-smoking area.
- A Fire Notice is displayed in the foyer area outlining evacuation routes from the building.
Address: Hicks Farm Holidays
Telephone: 01544 260237
Grid reference: Ordnance Survey Map reference: SO 337 697 (Sheet number: 148 Landranger Series)
- Walks marked out on the farm with suitable resting/picnic areas.
We welcome your feedback to help us continually improve if you have any comments please phone 01544 260237 or email firstname.lastname@example.org