Rose Cottage Access Statement
Rose Cottage is an eighteenth century character cottage. It has been added to over the centuries and has internal steps between some rooms on the ground floor.
- Due to our rural location there is no public transport on the door step.
- The nearest railway station is Bucknell.
- The nearest bus stop is at Brampton Bryan.
- The nearest towns are Knighton and Presteigne both approximately 4.5 miles away.
- Provisions may be pre-ordered before your arrival.
- The nearest shop-mobility schemes can be found in Leominster and Hereford City
- Accessible taxis are available in Knighton
Arrival & Car Parking Facilities
- Well lit car parking is available adjacent to the property.
- The patio surface area is paving slabs with level joins to the adjacent tarmaced roadways and parking areas.
- The main entrance to Rose Cottage is up over the 82mm height threshold into a linoleum floored hallway through a 762mm doorway.
- The internal light switch is on the wall to the right of the doorway.
Public Areas - Hall, Stairs, Landing, Corridors etc
- All doors throughout the property are a minimum of 762mm wide.
- The floor covering in the ground floor hallways is linoleum.
- The staircase and upstairs corridor are carpeted.
- The staircase has 11 steps, step height is 190mm & depth 230mm.
- The staircase has a fixed handrail, 850mm vertical height from step.
Public Areas - Sitting room, lounges, lobbies etc
- The lounge area is accessed by one step up from the kitchen, 130mm high.
- The area is carpeted.
- In addition to the leather sofas in the lounge two high-seated wing chairs are provided.
- The Pool Barn designated disabled toilet is in the foyer.
- The swimming pool and changing areas are wheelchair accessible
- We do not have a poolside hoist - guests will need to be accompanied and assisted to use the pool.
- Guests have freedom of the farm, However as we are a working hill farm many areas beyond the farm yard will not be accessible to all.
- The farmyard is sloped and assistance may be required to negotiate all areas of the farmyard.
- The children’s play area is a barked area stepped into over a kerb.
- There are three bedrooms on the first floor
- All beds are accessible from both sides, however in the master bedroom the access width is restricted – 470mm wide.
Bathroom, Shower-room & WC [Ensuite or Shared]
- Both bathrooms have thermostatic showers over their easy access shower baths, the bath side height is 480mm.
- Both bathrooms have vertical grab rails to assist getting into and out of the bath.
- A shower seat with adjustable height seat is available.
- The Pool Barn shower room is a wet floor area. If guests are unable to use Rose Cottage’s bathroom facilities and wish to shower, in privacy, in the Pool Barn shower area this can easily be arranged.
- There is a downstairs toilet.
- The kitchen is accessed from the hallway up a step, 34mm high.
- The kitchen is accessed from the lounge down a step 130mm high.
- The kitchen in Rose Cottage has standard cooking appliances and the microwave is located on the work surface.
- Rose Cottage’s kitchen tap is lever mixer tap.
- The washing machine is low level in the utility room but the tumble drier is stacked.
- Equipment is stored in both floor and wall cupboards
- The floor covering is linoleum.
- It should be noted that mobile phone reception is very poor in this area. A payphone is available in each property which will accept incoming calls. The phone number is displayed on the phone. This number can be requested prior to your visit.
- Dogs are allowed in Rose Cottage but only service dogs are allowed in the Pool Barn
- Smoking is allowed in Rose Cottage but the Pool Barn is a designated non-smoking area.
- Fire notices are displayed in each bedroom outlining evacuation routes
Address: Hicks Farm Holidays
Telephone: 01544 260237
Grid reference: Ordnance Survey Map reference: SO 337 697 (Sheet number: 148 Landranger Series)
- Walks marked out on the farm with suitable resting/picnic areas.
- Stepped path through field from Orchard House to Rose Cottage.
We welcome your feedback to help us continually improve if you have any comments please phone 01544 260237 or email firstname.lastname@example.org