Rose Cottage sleeps 7 in three bedrooms plus 2 cots.
Our cots are full-size wooden cots with safety mattresses.
Rose Cottage was originally a small dwelling built of stone in the early eighteenth century, but has been extended twice (once in the late eighteenth century and then again in the mid twentieth century) to achieve a sizeable detached three bed roomed property. Despite these changes the cottage still boasts some unique original features including exposed beams and a complete bread oven!
The well-fenced garden extends to approximately a quarter of an acre, which is laid down primarily to lawn allowing the more active plenty of room for football, cricket and even badminton! For those who prefer a quiet read in the sun the patio area is ideal for you, comfortable garden furniture is provided and if you have forgotten to pack a book just choose one from the bookshelf.
Rose Cottage has:
- An entrance hall with a payphone (please note mobile phone reception is poor in the locality). An ideal room for all the accumulated boots and coats. Garden chairs, sunshade, toy boxes for the under 5’s and a collection of outside toys/games are stored here. A barbeque is available from the farmhouse.
- A downstairs cloakroom.
- A utility room with an automatic front-loading washing machine, tumble dryer and chest freezer.
- The large character farmhouse kitchen doubles as a dining room. The kitchen is well equipped with a ceramic hob electric cooker, dishwasher, microwave and fridge together with kettle, toaster and coffee maker. The Welsh dresser is home to the plentiful china, glassware and the portable CD/radio/mp3 player.
- The lounge is comfortably furnished. Leather sofas and two high-seated upholstered wing chairs provide seating for seven. It has a wood burning stove, Ipod/Iphone speaker dock, flat screen smart TV with SKY Freesat and DVD player.
- The spacious master bedroom has a double bedstead with king-size duvet and an ensuite bathroom with a shower over the bath, a heated towel rail and a shaver point. This bedroom has space for a cot.
- The second bedroom is a large room with exposed beams (those over 6’ beware) and three full-size single pine bedsteads. Again there is space for a cot.
- The family bathroom has a shower over the bath, a heated towel rail and shaver point.
- The third bedroom has full size twin beds.
- All the bedrooms have bedside cabinets or tables, bedside lamps, dressing tables with mirrors, wardrobes, a bedroom chair, clock radio (some with ipod/iphone docks) and a hairdryer too!
- For guests safety all the bedrooms are fitted with smoke alarms, there is an emergency lighting torch on the landing, a stair gate is provided at the head of the stairs and a door at the foot of the stair. The upstairs windows have safety locks.
- For your peace of mind carbon monoxide alarms are fitted by the boiler and woodburnng stove.
- High chairs, cots, and other baby/toddler paraphernalia are available on request. Ask before you pack!
- Guests should note that their water would be from a treated private supply.
- A varied selection of toys, board games and puzzles for all ages are in the hallway sideboard.
- In the garden box there are various garden toys including a cricket set, football and fishing nets!!
- Barbeque and garden furniture are provided.
- There is a tarmaced parking area within the cottage grounds for five cars.
- This property has WiFi internet access.
- The cottage has been tastefully decorated to a high standard, it has fully-fitted carpets and oil-fired central heating throughout.
- We are annually inspected by Visit Britain and have been awarded the Four Star rating.
- Advance ordering of groceries and other provisions by prior arrangement.
- Baby sitting by arrangement.
- Well behaved pets are welcome in this property.
- All amenities in Presteigne, four miles away.
- The nearest British Rail Station is Knighton, six miles away.
- Bus services are available in both Presteigne and Knighton.
- Ordnance Survey map reference: SO 337 697 (Sheet Number: 148 Landranger Series).
Click on the thumbnail images below to enlarge photos. Visit the photo gallery page for more images.